27 Non-Food Love and Bliss Raising Activities for Holiday Gatherings
Awww... The holidays are the times when we come together as friends and family and do two things:
- Stuff ourselves sick with sugary, fatty and greasy food.
- Whine and get into fights because now's our chance!
Right? EW! I wish I could be warm and fuzzy, but for some of us the holidays and celebration gatherings of any kind are a hot mess.
Let's face the problem head on, rather than just dreading and building up our anxiety and blood pressure leading up to the event - or even using drinking more wine or stuffing with more food or watching a TV or whatever to distract us during the party.
Gatherings are powerful energywork, and when used correctly, you can exponentially increase your vibration and even increase your manifestation techniques. But that has to be on the agenda in order for that to happen!
In the previous post, I gave 7 Strategies for Not Getting Stuffed at Holiday Gatherings. This post will continue the healing process by showing you other awesome things you can do that do NOT involve stuffing yourself, but DO involve experiencing more love and more connection. Group hug!
And that's what we really want during the holidays, right?
So here goes:
- Looking through photo albums and telling the stories of each picture. (Can also be showing cellphone pictures, but only if you know how to put the phone down and pay attention to people!)
- Writing "Thank You" or "Happy Holidays" cards to your list of people that you are grateful for as a group and having a "card party."
- Taking pictures as a family (professional ones are nice, but also doing disposable ones too are fun because it's a surprise! and the candids are much more emotionally satisfying to look at)
- Writing "Happy Holidays" or "Thank You" or "Wish You Well" notes to your neighbors AND walking them to their mailboxes to put in. BONUS: knocking on their door and saying to their face that you wish them and their family health and happiness in person
- Starting your own dance party. BONUS: having a dance battle or Soul Train Line
- Having a sing along or jam session
- Playing silly old games like Telephone, Mad Libs, Charades, Taboo, Jenga, Simon Says, Red Light Green Light or Marry Kiss Kill
- Calling people and telling them you love them or that you were just thinking of them and wish them well as a group
- Planning your next vacation as a group
- Watch an old home movie
- Watch your favorite comedy movie (skip the food or alcohol or sugary drinks and have Tea instead. pretend you're british!)
- Pick a charity to donate to like Heifer International or The Unstoppable Foundation
- Rather than going around the table and saying what you are thankful for, go around the table and have Rampages of Appreciation for each other (and loved ones who are more than alive) where you say what you love about each person there
- Have everyone tell stories about your ancestors' accomplishments and the stories of your family's heritage
- Do a group verbal vision board and brainstorm, going around the room saying "wouldn't it be cool if we did..." and then the next person builds on that saying "yeah and wouldn't it be even better if we did..."
- Go around the group and say what's your New Year's Resolution or a big goal you're working toward
- Increase you Law of Attraction energy by everyone saying what they want more of (affection, appreciation, health, a new job, etc) Ask and ye shall receive!
- Also go around the group and say what you may need help with or are working on to make it a group mastermind
- Raise your vibration by going around the group and each person recounting all the accomplishments you've made in the last week, month, quarter and/or year, and then make sure everyone in the group claps loudly and celebrates. What you celebrate, you attract more of!
- Have a car trunk treasure hunt where you have a list of items that everyone needs to find in their trunk, and whoever finds the most items on the list, wins
- Have a clothing donation competition where you fill garbage bags of clothes you want to donate and whoever has the most clothes, wins
- Go for a group walk around the block or in a local park to appreciate nature if the weather permits, or even plant a tree as a group to commemorate the day
- Visit and clean a family gravesite as a group and remember the love that family member brought into your lives
- Call or visit people who are in the hospital, in jail or are abroad and let them know you care and are thinking of them as a group
- Do a group doodle mural where everyone draws and writes on a big piece of paper to commemorate the day
- Go around the group and say where you want to be in 5 years and where you want to see the family / your friends / your company in 5 years
- Go around the group and have everyone say their birthdate, astrological sign, favorite color, favorite food, and what was the most fun they ever had or the craziest/funniest thing they ever did/heard/saw
There you have it! 27 ways to celebrate and enjoy the love and communal energy of group gatherings.
Did you come up with more ways that aren't listed here? Leave a comment below and share the ideas so we can all learn to live more love-filled and quality lives with the people we care about!
SHARE THIS! You'd be surprised how many people you know right now are in desperate need of healing and could use this information to change their life. If you can read this, you know someone who needs this Love Letter!