Meditation Tech of the Week:
Grounding Visualization builds on practicing The Calm Down Breath (READ MORE).
It helps you dispose of excess energy by connecting to the Earth.
This technique is deeply calming and helps the letting go of tension and stress emotionally, as well as physically.
To preform a Grounding Visualization:
- Make sure you are sitting or standing with both feet flat on the floor
- Begin doing The Calm Down Breath (LEARN)
- As you breathe, become aware of how your feet feel on the floor: feel them as heavy, warm, pulsing, vibrating or even try to trace the shape of your feet / footprints
- Once your feet feel warm and heavy, exhale and imagine roots growing deep down into the Earth, as if you're a tree
- Then, when you feel that connection to the Earth, begin to inhale and imagine the Earth / natural energy flowing up through your feet into your body
Students of mine have said they feel more stable after doing a Grounding Visualization - feeling physically more stable and solid in their body, but also emotionally more stable because the worries and frustrations are relaxed away in to the Earth.
Try it out right now, and Comment below!
Tell us how you feel before you begin, and then write how you feel afterwords.